Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Christmas letter....New Year's Update......blog....

Most people dread the end of the year, but I tend to enjoy it even though it is cold....sometimes. It is my chance to take a look back on the year and reminisce. It lets me sit back and really be thankful for all the experiences that happened during the year. So here it goes. January started with us celebrating Aubrey's first birthday. I can't even believe that it has been almost 2 years since that little man became ours. In comparison to other years this one has been uneventful, and wow can't I tell you how thankful we are for that. This summer had us spending more time at the lake because there is more water!!! Aubrey really loves it out on the lake. He thinks that he needs to be in the driver seat all the time, but he pretty much is. We have made some additions to our home, the biggest one being the construction that is currently underway. Adding on a guest bedroom and laundry room! That way we can have our family over and they won't have to share a room with Aubrey. I am very proud of the work that is being done. My husband and his dad are very talented, and do amazing work. This summer I did have a radiation treatment to fix my overactive thyroid, and had to be quarantined from, well, everyone for a weekend! The good news is that the treatment worked and now my thyroid is back to normal. Hallelujah!!!! Davy continues to work for the Bryan Fire Department, and has also started working some at the TEEX fire school in College Station. I am still working for St. Joseph Hospital in Bryan, but have moved to the outpatient therapy department-Brazos Valley Sports Medicine. It still gives me the opportunity to work part time, but I am moving into a leadership position as the outpatient clinic is expanding into Brenham. I hope that this letter finds you all well, and hope that you will excuse my use of social media to do it, but time just got away from me, and I am afraid that this will be the norm. Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year y'all!

No comments: