Monday, August 30, 2010
Slowing Down
I had planned on getting to the blog a lot sooner than this but oh so much has been going on. I know that I have said this in an earlier blog but I believe that God gives us scripture for different reasons, but one in particular is so that even when it doesn't apply to your life at that direct moment, WOW it will be so valuable later on. Case in point...James 1:2 "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance." The day of reading this exact scripture it so applied to a couple of my patients.....and then became very relevant to Us. I had another "episode" with my heart. (That is what we fondly call them.) I got shocked because my heart rate got to high, and we are so thankful for the defibrillator, because it did its job....maybe a little to well. But anyway, I got to spend the night at the hospital for observation for me and our little boy to make sure that the medicine that they put me on was working, and to watch his heart rate. Everything has turned out just as the Lord planned it, and we are doing well. Just getting use to the increased fatigue, and monitoring of my heart rate, which now I believe is God's way of telling me to slow down! Man, but I think he could have used another way, however a jolt of electricity will do it every time and he is well aware of that. Through this most recent experience I know that I am more aware of his ever present love, and comfort, as well as being "full of compassion and mercy" James 5:11 I also know where my help comes from, "My help comes from the Lord, and the Maker of heaven and earth" Psalm 121:2. His hands were all over that weekend from the care I received and the conversations I had with all my caregivers while at the hospital. Believers all around me is what got us through, God's everyday angels.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm SOOOOO thankful for your defibrillator.... but I'm even more thankfull for the little tiny battery that operates that defirillator! Keep your head and your heart focused on God and that precious baby boy will grow and grow and continue to enrich all of our lives!
Post a Comment