Monday, October 18, 2010

28 weeks

So we are trucking right along now at 28 weeks, and boy o boy are things changing.

Now you see me.



Now you don't....just kidding you can still see me.


I have gotten to where I am wearing more maternity clothes at work, which then elicits the "have to touch your belly response" which I am not to fond of when I don't know you very well. Don't forget people...what would it feel like for me to rub you belly??? Or I have had 2 people in the past week not realize that I am pregnant at all. These are my patients, one guy, one lady, so no gender discrimination here. But HELLO?!?!?!? I am 7 months and it feels obvious.

We are doing great. I am feeling the fatigue from the 1st trimester creeping back in, but the sugar tooth has also taken over. Can't wait for Halloween so this candy will leave my home!!!! More news about baby boy. He continues to grow like crazy, and is letting me know that his humble abode, which was really roomy...is now becoming cramped, and he has learned how to stretch, or at least that is what it feels like. He does the "la cucaracha" when I eat hot sauce, and I believe that he knows the sound of his daddy's voice. We still haven't heard any word from Scott and White about the remaining results from the amnio. I give a friendly reminder call once a week, so we will see what they say this week. I choose to believe that those tests are negative, and know in my heart that it doesn't matter.

Jeremiah 29:11-13
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."

I know that he is speaking to those people in exile from Jerusalem in Babylon, but if you have read any in Jeremiah which I hadn't until recently. There is such a magnitude of the greatness of our Lord God that he will do what he says, he will warn you, he will discipline you, and he will lead you back and bless you. This verse is well used in our society, but you don't get verses 12 and 13 with it very often which is the true reminder of what we as children of God need to do daily. Call upon him, cry out to him, pray to him, seek him with such intensity that your whole heart is consumed. How could we not? I needed this verse, it is easy to become luke warm in seeking him, and luke warm in following him, and luke warm in repenting. Snap out of it, is what he said to me in these verses, look at what I have in store for you. There is a plan for you, but it is MY plan. Not yours. So we wait, and we will continue to wait, but while we do, I tell you what. We will praise him, and thank him, and not dwell on the struggle, but rejoice in the path he leads us down.

No comments: